The FastDraw Save File
The drills that you create in FastDraw are automatically saved to your computer's hard drive in a save file. The location of your save file will be C:/Users/Fast Draw Files, and your save file will be called "Master.fdb". This file can be renamed like any other file on your computer, but the ".fdb" extension must remain the same.
In addition to your FastDraw save file, the FastDraw Files folder also contains a Local Backup folder. This is where your software saves automatic backups of your library, and can be utilized to recover your drills if your save file is ever lost or damaged. If you need to recover missing drills from your library, please follow the steps in this article.
The FastModel Cloud Server
The Sync feature in FastDraw is designed to let you save your full library of work to the FastModel Sports cloud server. This provides you with two main benefits as a FastDraw user:
- Saving frequent Backups to our cloud server prevents you from losing your FastDraw save file, and can easily be restored to a new computer if you experience a crash, theft, or move to a new job.
- The Sync feature is the best way to transfer your work to another computer, allowing you to maximize the potential of the FastDraw license. You can access your Backup file on each computer that you use and you can view your entire library at home, at school, or on the road at any time.
Sync on FastDraw Desktop
The Sync button can be found at the top of the FastDraw window.
When you click the Sync icon, you will see the Sync to Cloud menu appear.
Use the Note section to add a note about your Sync, such as what computer you are saving from, and or what plays or sets have been added to your library. This will help identify the file on our server.
When you click the Sync button, the following processes will happen:
- The play library on your computer will be uploaded to the cloud server, and added to your existing file on our cloud if there is one already.
- Once the upload is complete, FastDraw will check to see if any plays from the file need to be downloaded to your computer, such as plays that you created on a different computer or iPad. If so, these plays will be added to your computer's local play library.
The Sync Workflow
Effectively using the Sync feature to view your play library on each device is simple:
- When you start FastDraw on your computer or iPad, use Sync to download changes from any of your other devices.
- When you finish working on your new plays, click Sync to save your changes to the cloud. These changes can then be downloaded on your other devices in the same manner.
The Sync feature uses time stamping to check for any changes that you have made to your save file. If your computers or iPads have widely differing times set on the system clock, you can experience some of your changes not saving correctly. Please make sure that your clock on your computers or iPad are all set with the same correct time.