While FastModel Sports strives to cover as many tournaments as possible during each recruiting session, there may be some events on your itinerary that we will not be able to cover. The Custom Tourney feature in FastRecruit allows you to manually create and add these events to your schedule so that they will appear in your FastRecruit Mobile app right along side your other tournament schedules. Please note that creating a custom tourney means all team and game information must be manually managed by you, the user.
Creating a Custom Tourney:
1. Log-in to the FastRecruit Web-Portaland navigate to the Tourneys tab. Click Add Custom Tourney to begin.
2. Fill in the Add Custom Tourney dialog. Every field is required except for URL. Click Save once complete.
3. Your newly created tournament will now appear on the list of tourneys with a red star to denote a custom tournament.
Adding Venues & Games:
1. After initially creating your custom tourney, you will need to next add venues where games are being played and all scheduled games. Click on the tourney from the tourneys tab to begin, then click Manage Games & Venues.
2. In the Manage Tourneys window, you'll see two tabs: Venues and Games. On the Venues tab, clicking Add Venue will create a new row as highlighted below. Enter all required information about that venue. Click Save to save your work. Continue this process until you've added all venues where games are taking place at this tournament.
3. Next, select the Games tab to add games that are scheduled for the event. Once again, you have the option to simply add one game as a placeholder and reminder in your schedule to attend the tournament, or you can create a full schedule of games, including the Recruits who will be participating in each game.
4. Click on the Add Game button to get started, and you can then double-click to activate the drop-down menus for date and venue. Add the time of the game and any other information you have about those particular games, and write in "TBA" as a placeholder for any column you do not know. When you are finished adding games, click the Save button in the bottom right-hand corner to save your entries, and then click the Close button to exit the menu and return to your Tourneys page.
Assigning Staff & Recruits:
1. Once you have created your Venues and Games, you can now treat this like any other tournament. Click on the tournament, assign your recruits, assign your staff members, and finalize your tourney coverage by connecting recruits with their assigned teams for this tourney (the Tourney Team list will be populated with the teams you entered in the "Team 1" and "Team 2" fields from the Games tab for your tourney).
2. Your custom tourney games will now appear in your FastRecruit Mobile app alongside the other tournaments that FastModel Sports is covering.
Note: While custom tournaments allow you to assign Recruits and Staff members to a tournament and add tournament games to your schedule, game scores will not be automatically entered by FastModel. Therefore, as teams advance through the tournament you must continue to monitor and update your schedule on your own.